Power Brake Upgrade for a 1965/1966 Mustang with Front Disc Brakes
- This power brake upgrade uses a Fox body booster with a 1″ bore master cylinder for FRONT DISC brakes.
- The kit does require you to modify the pedal support and stock brake pedal.
- This kit can be used for manual (cars with clutch cable conversion) or automatic transmissions.
- You will need to also purchase an adjustable proportioning valve since you have disc brakes.
- The kit comes with instructions. Click HERE for the Firewall Template For Kit
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will it fit my 4 wheel disc brakes?
The kit fits ANY TYPE or combination of drum or disc brakes, The instructions specify what master cylinder to use. Also fits any original 65-73 master cylinder.
What about Falcon and Ranchero?
Yes, with a bit of extra work it can be made to fit other applications, although not quite as easily as the 65-66. Extra work means an extra piece must be welded to the brake pedal in order to properly relocate the pedal pin.
60-63 Falcon must use original style master cylinder due to shock towers, or use Shelby style export brace with tandem master.
67-70 Mustang / Cougar – use the 67-70 Mustang/Cougar booster and pedal now offered by MustangSteve.
Will the tandem master cylinder clear the shock tower? What about clearing an export brace?
Yes, it clears the tower by about 2 inches, and is not even close to the export brace. (except on early Falcons and Comets, where the single piston master fits easily, but the dual piston requires use of Shelby style export brace.)
Will it fit a 351W with Heddman headers?
Yes, it clears with no problems whatsoever. You may have to remove the header to get the booster in place, but clears fine once bolted in.
Why will it not fit my car with original manual transmission?
The clutch actuation rod comes through the firewall in the exact spot where one of the booster studs must attach. If you are using a T5 or Tremec tranny with a MustangSteve cable actuated clutch, it will work fine.