Features found ONLY on the MustangSteve POWER BRAKE CONVERSION:
- Revised Pedal Ratio– Less pedal travel required & modern car ” Feel”, (~2″ travel with ft. disc, ~1″ with 4 wheel discs)
- Additional Firewall Bracing– Welds to pedal support, eliminates firewall fatigue cracking around the booster mount area.
- 9″ Diameter Booster- Fox Mustang booster won’t fade out under repeated stops like other conversions using off-brand or imported booster. Plus, you can always get replacement parts in the future.
- Factory Fit and Appearance– Fits better than the original 65-66 Booster and works better, too.
- All wheel disc brake master cylinder
- The new power brake light switch avoids making contact with the steering column tube. You don’t have to worry any more about having to put a dent in your steering column in order to get the brake light switch to work properly.
- An all wheel disc master cylinder
- An adjustable proportioning valve.
I buy used pedals and pedal supports from 65-70 Mustangs and Cougars. Email us at email@example.com if you have extras you wish to sell.
This kit is perfect for those with automatics that are considering a future manual trans swap. It has the sealed bearing shaft and adjustable clutch pedal stop provisions. Just add my CK165-P cable kit later and you have everything! (Makes it same as CK165-M)
(This conversion fits 1965-66 Mustangs with automatic transmissions. These kits will fit standard if you have cable or hydraulic clutch only)
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Using this kit with a Toploader or T10 Transmission:
This quadrant kit is designed to be used with a T-5 or Tremec conversion and a cable clutch. If you want to use the cable clutch with an original Mustang standard transmission, you will have to do a little fabrication. In order to make the cable clutch work with the original type bellhousing, you must install a cable type release arm and a new pivot bolt (fulcrum) in the bellhousing. You will need a Mr.Gasket replacement fulcrum bolt and a Ford release arm from a 87-93 5.0 Mustang originally equipped with a T5. You will need to have an aluminum plate welded into the bellhousing and then thread a 1/2″ hole in the plate for the new fulcrum bolt. You will also need to fabricate a cable housing stop to go outside the bellhousing. For more info on how to convert a scattershield or bellhousing from old style linkage CLICK HERE, then scroll to the bottom of the page.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Will it fit my 4 wheel disc brakes?
The kit fits ANY TYPE or combination of drum or disc brakes. The instructions specify what master cylinder to use. Also fits any original 65-73 master cylinder.
What about Falcon and Ranchero?
Yes, with a bit of extra work it can be made to fit other applications, although not quite as easily as the 65-66. Extra work means an extra piece must be welded to the brake pedal in order to properly relocate the pedal pin. 60-63 Falcon must use original style master cylinder due to shock towers, or use Shelby style export brace with tandem master. 67-70 Mustang / Cougar – use the67-70 Mustang/Cougar booster and pedal now offered by MustangSteve.
Will the tandem master cylinder clear the shock tower?
What about clearing an export brace? Yes, it clears the tower by about 2 inches, and is not even close to the export brace. ( Except on early Falcons and Comets, where the single piston master fits easily, but the dual piston requires use of Shelby style export brace.)
Will it fit a 351W with Heddman headers?
Yes, it clears with no problems whatsoever. You may have to remove the header to get the booster in place, but clears fine once bolted in.
Why will it not fit my car with original manual transmission?
The clutch actuation rod comes through the firewall in the exact spot where one of the booster studs must attach. If you are using a T5 or Tremec tranny with a MustangSteve cable actuated clutch, it will work fine.