Complete KIT for 67-68 Mustang & Cougar with Clutch Pedal & Pedal Stop
Will NOT fit 69-70 Mustang due to cowl floor differences.
Not recommended to use with long tube headers.
As shown in the picture, includes
ADJUSTABLE CABLE STOP
CABLE w/3″ adjusting threads at bottom
Pedal with quadrant already welded on
Clutch pedal stop (bolts to pedal support)
Plastic flange bushings for pedal shaft (2)
Shaft washer & cotter pin
(CK-167-P Requires welding and modification of existing pedal support to
install the adjustable pedal stop that comes with the kit. Adjustable stop is
not required, but highly recommended).
You can use this cable clutch kit with an original classic style bellhousing, but you must install a cable type release arm and a new
pivot bolt (fulcrum) in the bellhousing. Click Here here for those instructions.
Fits 67 to 68 Mustangs (and other Fords using similar clutch pedal)
This kit will allow you to modify your clutch pedal to a later model type quadrant setup for use in installation of a cable operated clutch, especially useful when installing a late model T-5 or Tremec manual transmission.
Unlike any other aftermarket cable clutch conversion, this fully welded quadrant kit offers several advantages:
- Welded construction will never come loose from constant use.
- No under designed clevis or other small parts to wear out or break (cable attachment points)
- Pulls the cable with a constant radius, unlike the single lever type – keeps cable pulling straight from cable housing.
- Transfers forces to the cable directly in line with the clutch pedal – no twisting motion to bend the arm.
- A whole lot cheaper to install – the do-it-yourselfer can build it for the price of a quadrant plus the cost of a new cable.
- Fits with the MustangSteve POWER BRAKE BOOSTER conversion
- Fits with MustangSteve BALL BEARING CLUTCH PEDAL SHAFT Conversion (visit the Ball Bearing Clutch Pedal page)
- Virtually eliminates clutch chatter caused by loose clutch actuation linkage.
YES, it takes a bit more effort to install this conversion, but you already know that the easiest stuff is seldom the best.
This setup requires you to remove the clutch pedal and pedal support for installation of the quadrant.
You need to take the pedal out to replace bushings and get rid of those big springs anyway when converting to cable operation.
You will be rewarded by years of trouble free service and simple cable replacement access should you ever need to replace the cable.
The MustangSteve CABLE CLUTCH CONVERSION will make your car feel like a modern car with a smoothly operatingclutch.
NOTE: Later model 10″ or 10-1/2″ diaphragm type clutch is required.
FORD RACING King Cobra works great.
(10-1/2″ clutch requires late model bolt pattern on flywheel).
Using this kit with a Toploader or T10 Transmission:
The quadrant kit is designed to be used with a T-5 or Tremec conversion and a cable clutch. If you want to use the cable clutch
with an original Mustang standard transmission, you will have to do a little fabrication.
In order to make the cable clutch work with the original type bellhousing, you must install a cable type release arm and a new
pivot bolt (fulcrum) in the bellhousing. You will need a Mr. Gasket replacement fulcrum bolt and a Ford release arm from a 87-93
5.0 Mustang originally equipped with a T5. You will need to have an aluminum plate welded into the bellhousing and then thread a
1/2″ hole in the plate for the new fulcrum bolt. You will also need to fabricate a cable housing stop to go outside the bellhousing.